Search Results

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sneak Peak

Here is a quick peak at some of the centerpieces I've been working on.  They are far from perfect, but I haven't been able to find photos of what I'd like to do online.  I'm not sure if this is because my ideas are so fabulously original :) or if I just really suck at searching the internet.

I'm guessing it's more of the latter because I can usually find what I'm looking for in magazines, but then not online.  Well, once it get close to the date, I'll post more projects/ideas and less cookies :).

Until then...here is my first round of "experiments."


The flowers are made from recycled security envelopes...you know, those bills that come in the lined envelopes?  We're gathering stick from the yard, spray painting them white, and adding the little flowers.  The flowers are punched using two different flower punches that I picked up at my local craft store.  

Eventually, they'll be covered with little cherry blossom-like flowers and put into tall cylinder vases wrapped with paper (of course).  Then we'll use some votives around the base (provided by the reception location to finalize the look).  Oh, and instead of the standard mirror square, I'll make sure to find some paper. :)  My goal is to keep them under $10 each, so far so good.

Anyway, if you'd like to send me some blue security-lined envelopes that you don't plan on using yourself, I'd be happy to accept them - I'm going to need them.

(Did I mention I'm making my bouquets out of paper too?)

Much love!
Renee

5 comments:

  1. I love these!!! You definately need to put out a tutorial for those roses/individual flowers; they're gorgeous! Who wouldn't want a vase full of those on there table or desk everyday? I'm totally smitten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll definitely put the tutorial up once I really get into the process of making them. I'm not 100% on the roses - I'm worried that the petals may be too lose. So I'm going to experiment a little with glue and will definitely post it once I'm confident in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these look fantastic!! I especially love the bouquet flowers, they are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing! If you have any updates on how to make them, I'll be the first to test it out!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

ShareThis