Search Results

Friday, July 24, 2009

365 days!

We are officially 1 year away from the wedding! I can't even imagine how fast this is all going to go, especially when you're making 90% of the decorations yourself. I guess I should get to work!

More importantly, it's time for me to get to working out!

I'm not talking anything dramatic, no crash diets, no jogging until every last ounce of that cookie is burned off, but with all those cameras, all those people, and all that strapless, the last thing I want to do is be sucking in or worrying about which angle is my "best."

While it technically isn't a wedding "idea" I thought I'd at least share some of my favorite things/tricks/resources that have helped me in the past.

First, my treadmill desk:

Jay and I bought a treadmill a year or two ago, but at first I found that I just didn't have time to use it - what with the full time job and other full time job and all. So I came up with the idea of adding some shelving to the handle bars so I could rest my laptop on top.
There isn't much more to it than some closet shelving from Home Depot (or was it Lowes?) and some elastic. It's not glued or screwed or permanently affixed in anyway, but it's definitely study enough to support a laptop, text books, water bottle, and whatever else I feel is necessary to have with me while I walk.

It's perfect! I walk at about 3 mph for 60-90 minutes all the while, answering emails and designing invitations. 2 birds, 1 stone! The boy also loves it since he can study, etc. while walking.

Second is Sparkpeople


Ever hear of it? This free website allows you to track foods, enter the number of calories burned, gives you meal plans, exercise tips, helpful articles, inspiring stories, and a million other things. I like that a) you can be as involved or uninvolved as you like; b) it's got every food imaginable on their tracking page including a lot of restaurants; and c) did I mention it's free?

It also has an app for the iphone so you can track what you eat when you're away from the computer or you want to check in to see how many calories you have left for the day - very handy when you're stading at the candy counter at 4:30.

I don't really have other tips and trick, but I guess that's why I am where I am - one year out and definitely in need of a little "fine tuning." But I'm all ears if anyone wants to share what works for them. :)
Wish me luck!
Renee

2 comments:

  1. I've been following your blog few months for now. I knew, that you will have your wedding next year some day :) And today you say, that exactly 365 days left :) Funny thing is, that i'm getting married next year on 24th July too, here in Estonia, Europe. I even don't remember, how i found your blog... :) Funny thing :)
    Anyway, good luck on your "tuning". I'm working on "tuning" also ;)
    Best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! July 24th is a great day to get married, but I may be partial :). Good luck to you too!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

ShareThis