Search Results

Monday, January 18, 2010

Snickerdoodle Blondies

It's been a while since I baked...well, let me rephrase that. It's been a while since I've baked something to test if it will work for our cookie bar. I baked plenty over the holidays :)

With a day off from work, I took the opportunity to try a recipe I found just the other day via Dozen Flours - Snickerdoodle Blondies.

I already have a great recipe for Snickerdoodles, which I'll share later (those don't need testing) and the Toffee Blondies were a big hit, so this seemed like the perfect combination of the two. Plus, I had all the ingredients in the house.


Well, the results? Awesome! Chewy, sweet, and with just enough cinnamon sugar on top to give it a delightful crunchy top. They have the consistency of a dense brownie. I have a feeling that the boy is going to devour these.


The Recipe

2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, at room temperature
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon

The Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.

2. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside. In large bowl, beat together butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.

3. Stir in the flour mixture until well blended. Press evenly in prepared pan (mixture will be somewhat cookiebatter-ish). Combine white sugar and cinnamon in a little bowl. Evenly sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the batter.

4. Bake 25-30 minutes or until surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool slightly. While still warm, cut into bars with a sharp knife.
Yields: approximately 30 servings (depending on how you cut the bars)


That's it! So easy and SO delicious!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

ShareThis