Search Results

Monday, May 11, 2009

Cookie Doh!

I'm 0 for 2 in the cookie department today.  
Well, not entirely, but I had some pretty high hopes to today's cookies.

First, I tried making "Soft Sugar Cakes" (again from the King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion cookbook) - I swear, I don't work for them.

Recipe:
1/2 cup sour cream (regular or low fat, not nonfat) - I used regular
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg 
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour

Directions:
1. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together sour cream and baking soda.  Set aside.  In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, egg, salt, nutmeg, vanilla, and baking powder.  Add the sour cream mixture and blend well.  Add the flour, blending until well combined.  

So where are the fabulously-tasty photos?

Directions (continued):  
2.Cover the bowl and refrigerate dough (doh!) overnight.

...oooooh refrigerate over night.  Oops.
No Soft Sugar Cakes for me (or you) tonight. 
But I do have dough shots!

From the left!

From the right!

We'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out how they come out.  My hope is that they're just like Cheryl & Co.  You know, in cute little shapes, and all decorated, and waiting for me when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

ShareThis