Search Results

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Love is in the Air

Since picking our ceremony location, I've been struggling with how to decorate it. I thought about large signs, but couldn't figure out the logistics (we're responsible for putting up and taking down the decorations in our alloted time slot). And I'm not into large flower displays.

So, I'm once again torn between revealing too much and sharing my (fabulous!) ideas.
Luckily, I can't actually show this final product, I can only give you a glimpse into my plan. You'll understand in a second.

I guess I should also clarify that this wasn't really my idea. You ever see something at a glance, get a great idea, look at the item again later - more closely, only to discover that that idea you just came up with is actually what the original item was? Well, that happens to me all the time.

In this case, I caught a quick look at one of oh joy!'s posts from April, thought "OMG, that would be perfect for the ceremony." And, yes, I actually thought the letters O. M. and G. Sad, I know.

So today, when I decided to put this post together, I go back to the post only to see that she's categorized it in "here comes the bride."

Oh well, it's still awesome even if I didn't quite come up with it first.

So what's this great idea? What's cheap, eye catching, creative, easy to put up, easy to take down, can be used at the reception, and during photos? Well it was oh Joy!'s post on Louis Vuitton's new window display:


O.M.G. Balloons!!

Why didn't I think of that!

I've already ordered "L" "O" "V" and "E" in giant 40-inch silver mylar balloons!

I figure with the bride, the groom, the officiant, 4 bridesmaids, 4 groomsmen, a maid of honor, a best man, ring bearer (cooperation permitting), flower girl (cooperation permitting) the groom's parents, and bride's parents, all standing up there, we don't need much else.

I've got ideas for these at the reception too!
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

ShareThis